Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Are You Still Grateful?


So, November is almost half-over and a lot of folks are still doing the "post something I'm grateful for every day on Facebook" thing.  If that's you, are you running out of ideas yet?  I hope not!  There are so many things to be grateful for - take a look around you!  For those of you who are grateful for people, I decided to re-post something from my former blog 100 Days of Thank You.  I hope that by reading it you might be inspired to tell someone you are grateful for them instead of posting on Facebook.  Go ahead.  Take the extra step.  You might like it.  Enjoy!

Who to Thank

So far, I have thanked a variety of people/organizations.  Some were heartfelt...some were, uh...a little weak, but since I'm making the rules here, I say they still count.  Here are some examples of people I have thanked:
*  A very dear friend who has always been an inspiration to me (thanked via email).
*  The pastor at my church who I think does a phenomenal job (thanked via email).
*  The chick who cut my hair - she was so happy & fun the entire time - maybe it was the fumes from the hair dye, but I think she's maybe just a fun person (thanked IN PERSON...but I didn't go into much "thank you detail, since I didn't want to freak her out.  I do want her to cut my hair again).
* ConAgra foods.  O.K., this one is one of my more "weaker" thank yous, but I had what I felt to be an exceptionally delicious "Healthy Choice" meal for lunch the other day & thought they should know how much I liked it.  (Obviously, this was another emailed thank you.  If you are curious, I believe it was a lemon chicken meal with peppers & noodles.  Highly recommended).

The list goes on, but that is just a sampling of the people I have thanked.  Pretty much, anyone who makes my life a little better gets a thank you (slowly but surely).  I am finding it REALLY easy to send emails and not so easy to thank people in person.  I'm talking a true, heartfelt thank you -not just a  "thanks" when someone holds the door for you.  Perhaps I need to step it up a notch to make this challenge a little more of a challenge...stay tuned to see if I can find the courage to start thanking more people in person...

Tune in next week when we explore more ways to express gratitude!  Until then, here is a short clip to give you a little gratitude inspiration!  

Louie Schwartzberg's TEDtalk on "Gratitude"




No comments:

Post a Comment